miércoles, 1 de octubre de 2008

INDEPENDENT WORK 14

INDEPENDENT WORK 14
A. Exercise 3a page 50: Pista 03-08B.
B.Exercise page 52: Pista 10-121.


1.Listen to the audios below and take notes


2. Listen for a second time and complete any missing information


3. Listen and read the tapescript at the same time.



SOLUTION PAGE 50



NORA


1. I'll PROBABLY end up teaching drama in a secondary school.


2. TO APPLY for anything this year...


3 I've got family in Trinidad, SO I'M HOPING there for a few months.



OLIVER



4. TO JOIN the army.


5. I'M STARTING my training in September.



DINO



6. First I'M HAVING a holiday whit my family.


7. I'M LEAVING in five days !


8. After that, I'M PLANNING TO DO a master's degree.



CAROLINE



9. I'M DUE TO START WORK at the beginning of September.


10. SO, I'M HAVING a couple of months break over the summer.
11. I'M GOING TO FIND a beach somewhere nice and hot.

ZAK

12. I'M THINKING OF APPLYING For a course in journalism.

ALICE

13. NOT GOING TO BE a lawyer.
14. I suppose I'LL DO SOME KIND of temporary job for the next few months.

SOLUTION PAGE 52

NOTES

CLARE


clare was a geography teacher in a big secondary school. also every evening she worked parking homework and prepared lessons. her life was awful.
one day she decided be plumber because she could earn more money, really she enjoying her new job.
she is the only woman in the course; her colleagues are all male; usually some people think that the woman can’t work in this profession but clare is happy whit it.


KEVIN

kevin has a wife that work long hours as a legal secretary . they changed the place because kevin lost his job. kevin look after the baby and take the other two school, and do the shopping and the cooking and the housework. he consider that is a harder work but he enjoy itt while he find a new job.


LORNA

lorna and her husband ian work often twelve hours a day and also travelling two hours a day. they still living in a tiny flat. when they decided to get married they didn't want bring our children up with that kind of life, that kind of stress; but now lorna is pregnant with their first child




No hay comentarios: